The following Special Education Policy is formulated to place disabled in the national mainstream by making arrangement of education in conformity the National Education Policy: –
1. To universally define disability and fix type and amount degree/quantum of disability.
2. To make necessary arrangement of survey programme and collection of data for comprehensive details of number, age, sex, type and degree/quantum, etc of disabled children.
3. To develop the primary education to be provided to the various types of disabled children as an integral part of the ‘Education for All’.
4. To make arrangement of constructing school building with special physical facilities taking into consideration the transportation of the disabled.
5. To provide the primary to secondary level education to the disabled children free of cost. For this purpose, to make necessary arrangement that all level private sector schools shall provide education to the
disabled free of cost.
6. To provide children the integrated special education to the disabled in
regular school free of cost and to make arrangement of special school as
7. To grant permission or approval only to those school which fulfilled the specified minimum physical and technical prerequisites and conditions to conduct special education programme.
8. To make arrangement of teaching special education in Universities.
9. To make arrangement of frequent, partial and full grant on the basis of comprehensiveness, standard and financial capacity of conducting service.
10. To provide uniformity by taking into consideration the inspection aspect of special education in the present inspection and supervision system for making improvement of management aspect of school providing special
11. To determine and produce, and caused to be determined and produced, the curriculum, text book, other educational materials and equipment for special education to be provided to the disabled children and to make
necessary arrangements of providing to same to them free of cost as per necessity.
12. To incorporate the general information pertaining to special education and health education pertaining to disability in regular curriculum to study by regular students and in teachers training curriculum as several
symptoms of disability can be recovered by the medical treatment at the preliminary stage.
13. To make arrangement of library and laboratory for special education as per necessity and to gradually make arrangement of materials as may be used by the disabled also in the libraries conducted at present.
14. To make arrangement of other encouragements including scholarship to provide opportunity of higher education to intelligent disabled students.
15. To provide boarding facility to the disabled students as per necessity.
16. To make arrangement of providing special concession as possible while importing materials viz. wheel chair, crutch, white cane, hearing aid, Braille, state-styles, special chair and artificial organs, etc, to be used by
the disabled child students daily.
17. To make arrangement of providing to the teachers working in the special education sector salary and allowance at least as received by teachers of other public school and to make this occupation attractive.
18. To make arrangement and planned development of necessary human resource including teachers for programme to provide special education.
19. To maintain coordination with the body-conducting teachers training and to make arrangement of training necessary for special education programme.
20. To mobilize qualified disabled person also as special education teacher in conformity with the disability if he/she gained expertise on special means to be used for special education viz. Braille, symbolic language, etc.
21. To make arrangement of physical exercise and cultural and sports programme for personality and physical development of disabled children. In addition to this, to provide opportunity to participate in the national and international competitive programme and to prepare necessary human resource therefor.
22. To make arrangement of special types of education or work based education as per the suggestion and opinion of the experts of the concerned sector with regard to the double or multi disabled persons.
23. To make arrangement of examination and evaluation of examinees on the basis of the types of disability.
24. To make special arrangement of prize, etc. to encourage institution and association and persons who made commendable performance by providing special education to the disabled children.
25. Non-governmental Organizations shall conduct special education programme by obtaining permission from the body as specified by the Special Education Council.
26. To encourage national and international Non-governmental Organizations interested to conduct programme for establishment of training centre by specifying necessary prerequisites and conditions with the objective of preparing necessary human resource to conduct special education programme as per the type and amount of disability.
27. To encourage Non-governmental organizations to involve in the national special education programme and to give necessary assistance to develop by maintaining relationship and co-ordination in the special education sector between national and international Non-governmental Organizations and governmental bodies, and extend physical and technical human resource of the Non-governmental Organizations working for this programme.
28. To encourage charitable and other social organization to conduct special education programme.
29. To make special education skill-oriented and to make arrangement of technical education and vocational training on the ground of capacity and qualification of disabled to rehabilitate them in community.
30. To conduct skill-oriented informal education programme for adult disabled.
31. To organize various level gathering and symposium to bring radical change in wrong concept towards disabled prevalent in many of the general people by virtue of cultural, religious, racial, superstitious, conservative tradition, lack of awareness and financial reason and to conduct programme of public awareness pertaining to disability among the general public through the common media.
32. To conduct such consultative programme that gives psychological motivation to father, mother, guardian, teachers of the disabled children and to the person of close contact to make an environment of providing educational opportunities to them and to socialize them in community.
33. The Special Education Council shall develop and extend network system to mobilize various sources and materials available in the national and international level. Separate short term and long-term action plans and programmes shall be formulated in connection with implementing aforesaid policy and initiated to
implement as soon as possible.