Schedule – 6 (Relating to Rule 7)
Matters to be mentioned while preparing Reports Relating to Environmental Impact Assessment
1. Name and Address of the individual or intuition preparing the report:
2. Summary of the proposal: (to mention the following matters in regard to the possible impact of the implementation of the proposal on the environment.):
(a) Objectives of the proposal ,
(b) Impact on land-use,
(c) Adverse impact on the environment, impact on human life, and population pressure,
(d) Damage to be suffered by local goods or objects
(e) Other necessary matters.
3. Summary of the Report: Brief particulars of the matters mentioned in the report relating to the environmental impact assessment.
4. Particulars of the proposal:
(a) To specify the technical, geographical, environmental, economic, social, cultural and physical aspects of the proposal.
(b) To specify the objectives, working policies and work-schedule of the activities to be undertaken during each phase of the implementation of the proposal.
5. Basic information relating to the proposal: To mention basic information about the geo-physical, cultural, biological, and social and economic conditions of the area to be assessed, as well any possible change that may occur there before the implementation of the proposal. In case there are any data which may not be available or any Subject which may not be covered by the study, they too should be mentioned.
6. Identification of environmental Impact: To mention the possible positive and negative impact on the following spheres of the environment while implementing the proposal, and estimate and specify the volume of possible impart according to time and work schedules as far as possible.
(a) Geographical area likely to have positive or negative impact of the implementation of the proposal and thereof time-schedule.
(b) Impact of waste and pollution to be emitted through the implementation of the proposal.
(c) Direct or indirect and cumulative impact of the implementation of the proposal on the environment.
7. Analysis of the alternatives for the proposal: The following matters are to be analyzed:
(a) Matters concerning the design of the proposal, project site, technology, operation procedure, time –schedule and raw materials to be used.
(b) Comparison is to be made on the basis of the fixed and working capital, local suitability , institutional training and supervision needed for the implementation of the proposal, and the environmental cost and returns and
economic significance of each alternative measures are to be analyzed as far as possible.
(c) Short, medium and long – term adverse impact of the implementation of the proposal.
(d) Sources of energy to be used for the implementation of the proposal and measures to be adopted for saving such energy.
(e) Analysis of the consequences of the non- implementation of the proposal.
8. Measure to reduce environmental impact:
(a) To mention practical preventive measures to be adopted for all activities which could have a negative impact on the environment.
(b) In case the environmental impact cannot be fully avoided through preventive measures, arrangements made for payments of compensation shall be mentioned. The effectiveness of the preventive measures shall be analyzed from the view point of their cost on the basis of the comparison with other possible alternatives.
(c) The effectiveness of the preventive measures shall be analyzed from the viewpoint of their cost on the basis of a comparison with other possible alternatives.
9. To mentioned matters concerning environmental management plans.
10. Review of policy and Legal Provisions: To review the related policies, laws, and Rules on the basis of the nature and scale of the proposal. If any policy or legal provision, needs to e reformed, to specify the same.
11. Monitoring of the Proposal: To mention the procedure of monitoring the impact of the implementation of the proposal on the environment, as well as the monitoring agency, time-schedule, monitoring and evaluation Indicators etc.
12. To mention the format and relevancy of environmental examinations.
13. Reference materials: To make at list of publications quoted as references while preparing the report in the following manner:
(b) Date of Publication,
(c) Title of the material quoted,
(d) Year volume, number, etc. (if any)
(e) Page number
14. To include the following particulars in the Annexes:
(a) Maps relating to the land structure, geographical location, land-use and land-capacity and other maps related to the study.
(b) Aerial photographs as far as possible of the proposal implementation site and the surrounding areas,
(c) Questionnaires or lists of Subject matters used for field research.
(d) Matters connected with the evaluation of the environmental impact such as charts and photographs.
(e) Hydrological and climatic data (by arranging them serially and chronologically)
(f) Data relating to flora and fauna of the proposal implementation site,
(g) Geological and risk evaluation data (if available),
(h) Information relating to the quality of air and water and the noise level before and after the operation of the project it available.
(i) Matrix or serial graphs relevant to the environmental impact assessment.
(j) Maps, slides records, video films and visual support equipments.
(k) Cropping techniques and data relating to livestock farming, soil features, and quantity of chemical fertilizers used.
(l) List of written reference materials used at the time of preparing the study report.
(m) List of invitees and participants and records of discussions, meetings and gathering among the concerned agencies, and brief particular of monitoring operations.
(n) List of names of individuals and institutions comprising of the study team involved in the preparation of the environmental impact assessment report.
(o) Name, address and telephone number of the individuals and institutions contacted in the course of the study.