- Provision of hoarding and reservation of food: The Government of Nepal and Provincial Government shall, in order to provide food and to fulfill the necessity of food during the crisis, make provisions for the reservation of foods as prescribed, for the purpose of Sections 7, 9 or 10.
- Food purchase: (1) The food required for the storage and reservation pursuant to Section 26 shall be purchased internally.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), food may be imported if the sufficient food cannot be provided from the internal purchase.
- Transport and distribution of food: The distribution process of the food stored and reserved by the Government of Nepal and Provincial Government pursuant to Section 26 shall be as prescribed.
- Price stability of basic food: It shall be the responsibility of the Government of Nepal to maintain stability in the price of the basic food.
- Provision of food distribution: (1) The Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level shall make arrangement for food distribution through fair price shops or public food distribution centers as prescribed.
(2) While operating fair price shops or public food distribution centers pursuant to Sub-section (1), women group or agricultural cooperative may be given special priority.
- To publish description: (1) The Government of Nepal, Provincial Government or Local Level shall prepare and update the following details regarding the food to be distributed pursuant to this Chapter:
(a) Condition of food hoarded,
(b) Quantity of food hoarded,
(c) Price of food,
(d) Distribution system of food, and
(e) Type of food.
(2) The details referred to in sub-section (1) shall be published for the information of the public in general.