Chapter 1 Preliminary
1. Short Title and Commencement
(1) This Act may be called as “Civil Service Act, 2049 (1993)”.
(2) This Act shall come into force immediately.
2. Definitions : In this Act, unless the subject or the context otherwise requires :-
(a) “Civil Service” means the civil service constituted pursuant to Section 3.
(b) “Civil Employee” means any person who is holding a post of the civil service.
(c) “Authority” means any official with powers to make appointments pursuant to Section 9.
(d) “Family” means the husband, wife, son, unmarried daughter, adopted son, unmarried adopted daughter, father, mother or step mother living together with a Civil employee and whom he/she himself/herself has to maintain and subsist, and this term also includes his/her grandfather, grandmother in the case of a
? male and unmarried female employee, and her mother-in-law, father-in-law, in the case of married female ●
(e) “Head of Department” means the prescribed official.
(f) “Head of Office” means the head employee of the prescribed office.
(g) “Permanent post” means a post of the civil service which is pensionable and of which term is not specified.
(h) “Expert post” means a post which has functions, duties and responsibilities of special nature and requires special
● (h1) “Trade union of civil employees” means the trade union of the civil employees constituted pursuant to Sub-section (1) of Section 53.
● (h2) “Authentic trade union of civil employees” means the authentic trade union of the civil employees constituted
pursuant to Sub-section (3) of Section 53.
(i) “Prescribed” or “as prescribed” means prescribed or as prescribed in the rules framed under this Act.