Chapter 2 Constitution of Civil Services
▲ 2A. Central body vis-à-vis Personnel Administration :
(1) The Ministry of General Administration shall, in order to run the administration of the country, act as the central body in respect of the constitution, operation and conditions of service of the civil service and the management and operation of the civil employee.
(2) Any acts pertaining to the administration of the civil employee, other than the acts mentioned in this Act or the Rules framed under this Act, shall not be carried out without policy approval of the Ministry of General Administration.
3. Constitution of Civil Service : Government of Nepal shall constitute the civil services as follows:
? (a) Nepal Economic Planning and Statistics Service;
(b) Nepal Engineering Service;
(c) Nepal Agricultural Service;
(d) Nepal Judicial Service;
• (d1) Nepal Foreign Service;
(e) Nepal Administration Service;
• (e1) Nepal Audit Service;
(f) Nepal Forestry Service;
(g) Nepal Miscellaneous Service;
(h) Nepal Education Service;
Class : (1) There shall be the following classes in the civil service:
(2) If any employee working in the classless post intends to be affiliated with the class at the time of commencement of this Section, the employee may be affiliated as prescribed with the Non- gazetted fifth class.
• 4A. Special provision relating to integrated civil service system :
Notwithstanding anything contained in Section 4, the Government of Nepal shall commence the integrated civil service system by converting classes of the civil service into the layer system from
such date as may be appointed by a Notification in the Nepal Gazette.
5. Posts of Service : (1)There shall be technical and administrative posts including the expert post in different classes of the civil service.
(2) In addition to those mentioned in Sub-section (1), there may also be classless posts, as prescribed, in the Civil service.
(3) ? ———
• 5A. Job description : (1) Based on the job description of the organization approved by the Government of Nepal, the concerned Secretary, Head of Department and Head of Office must prepare and enforce the job description of each civil post. Such job description must clearly specify, inter alia, the functions, duties, responsibilities
and powers of such post and qualifications for the same.
(2) In posting the civil employee to any post, the job description and the indicators for the evaluation of functions as
specified in the job description must also be provided, along with the posting letter.
(3) Other provisions relating to the job description shall be as prescribed.
6. Groups and sub-groups : (1) There may also be different groups and sub-groups, as prescribed, in the civil service.
▲(la) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (1), there shall not be service, group or sub-group above the gazetted first class of other service, except in the post of ? Nepal Judicial Service and Nepal Audit Service.
(2) The minimum qualifications required for different posts in the groups and sub-groups of different civil services shall be as prescribed