52. Punctuality and regularity :
Each employee must attend his/her office regularly during the time appointed by the Government of Nepal
and must not remain absent from the duty without having prior sanction of leave as far as possible.
53. Discipline and obedience :
(1) An employee must remain in discipline and perform his/her duties with honesty and promptness.
(2) An employee must expeditiously carry out any orders given by his or her superior officer on matters relating to governmental business.
(3) An employee must show due respect to all the employees superior to him or her and treat his or her subordinate employees properly.
54. Restriction on using political or undue influence : No employee shall, with intention to satisfy his or her personal interests on matters relating to his/her service, exert or attempt to exert any political or other undue influence upon any other employee.
55. Restriction on taking part in politics : No employee shall canvass, make speech for or against any political party or organization or take part in politics making speeches.
56. Restriction on criticizing Government : (1) No employee shall, on his/her real or pseudo name or anonymity, publish any feature article, provide any news to the press, broadcast a speech through radio or
television etc., make any public speech or publish any statement in such a manner as to be contrary to the policies of the Government of Nepal or to undermine the mutual relationship between the Government of
Nepal and the people or the relationship with any foreign country.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (1), it shall not bar the publishing or broadcasting of any feature article in such a manner as not to be contrary to the prevailing law and the policies of the Government of Nepal.
57. Restriction on publishing news relating to governmental business : No employee shall, without being authorized by the Government of Nepal, provide or divulge, directly or indirectly, to any other unauthorized employee or non-governmental person or press any confidential matter which was known to him or her in the course of
performing the governmental duty or any matter prohibited by law or any document or news written or collected by him or her. This restriction shall also be applicable to a person who has been relieved of the government service for any reason whatsoever.
58. Restriction on receiving gift, present, donation etc. and borrowing : (1) No employee shall, without prior approval of the Government of Nepal, accept a gift, donation, present or gratification of any kind either by him/herself or through any member of his/her family, or ask for donation or borrow any loan from any person
concerned with any government business, in such a manner as to affect the government business in any manner.
(2) If any employee happens to receive any present from any foreign government or any representative of such foreign government, he/she must inform the Government of Nepal about it and shall act
accordingly as sanctioned.
59. Restriction on establishing and operating company and carrying on trade or profession and doing private practice :
(1) No employee shall, without prior approval of the Government of Nepal, carry out the following acts:
(a) To participate in the establishment, registration or operation of any bank or company or to open and
operate any health clinic or private hospital or nursing home or work in such health clinic or
(b) To carry on any trade or profession requiring registration according to the prevailing laws,
(c) To accept any kind of employment elsewhere.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (1), an employee may carry out any literary, scientific or artistic works in a manner not to be contrary to the policies of the Government of Nepal.
60. Restriction on taking part in election : No employee shall take part in an election to any political post nor shall solicit vote for anyone nor shall exercise influence of any kind in the election.
Provided that, this shall not bar the exercise of his/her right to vote conferred under the prevailing laws.
61. Restriction on agitation and strike : No employee shall perform an agitation, participate in a strike or entice anyone to perform such acts in a manner to undermine the sovereignty and integrity of Nepal, the law
and order situation of the country, external relations and public decency and make contempt of court, create hatred among the peoples of various castes, tribes, religions, classes, regions and communities or
cause obstruction with performing one’s functions and duties or entice any one else to commit such act.
62. Restriction on staging strike, detention and Gherao : No employee shall stage any strike or pen-down action and exert any pressure inflicting physical or mental suffering or entice other persons
to commit such acts in a manner to cause hindrance or obstruction to any office or officer in the performance of the duties required by law.
63. Restriction on doing act recklessly or with ulterior motive : No employee shall, in rendering health services to a patient in the course of performing his or her duties, so act recklessly or with ulterior motive as
likely to cause loss or damage to the body of the patient.
64. Restriction on making representation : No employee shall make representation on behalf of any person or group, except for making petition to the concerned body or official either by him or herself or
through his or her attorney in respect of any grievance caused to him or her.
Provided that, this Act shall not be deemed to bar the making representation on behalf of a professional organization of employees recognized by the Government of Nepal and the performing of any act
required to be preformed based on the duties of the post of the employee.
65. Membership of association : (1) No employee shall, without prior
approval of the Government of Nepal, become a member of any kind of organization, other than a professional organization registered pursuant to the prevailing law.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (1), nothing contained in this Section shall be deemed to prevent an employee from becoming a member of his/her professional and other social organization in a manner not to be contrary to the policies of the Government of Nepal.
66. Statement of property : Each employee must submit a statement of his/her property; and if the statement so submitted is held to be false, action shall be taken pursuant to the prevailing law.
67. To keep conduct compatible with own service and post : Each employee must also keep his/her conduct compatible with his/her service and post.
68. Powers to warn : If any employee is not punctual, does not carry out the order given by the employee superior to him/her on matters relating to any government business or becomes reckless or slow on office works, the concerned supervisor may give a warning to such an employee, with setting out the reason therefor; and records thereof must be maintained in the sheet roll/personal details file of the concerned employee.