Chapter 1 Preliminary
1. Short Title and Commencement:
(1) This Act may be called as “Karnali Academy of Health Sciences Act, 2068 (2011)”.
(2) This Act shall come into force immediately.
2. Definitions : Unless the subject or the context otherwise requires, in this Act: –
(a) “Hospital” means the Hospital established pursuant to Section 16.
(b) “Hospital Management Committee” means Hospital Management Committee established pursuant to Section 17.
(c) “Vice Chancellor” means the Vice Chancellor as referred to in Section 20.
(d) “Executive Council” means the Executive Council as referred to in Section 11.
(e) “Chancellor” means the Chancellor as referred to in Section 18.
(f) “Selection Committee” means the Selection Committee as referred to in Section 13.
(g) “Dean” means the Dean as referred to in Section 23.
(h) “Prescribed” or “as prescribed” means prescribed or as prescribed in the Rules framed under this Act.
(i) “Director” means the Director as referred to in Section 24.
(j) “Backward Area” means the following districts of the following zones:-
(1) All districts of Karnali Zone,
(2) Jajarkot district of Bheri Zone, and
(3) Bajura, Bajhag and Accham districts of Seti Zone.
(k) “Academy” means the Karnali Academy of Health Sciences established pursuant to Section 3.
(l) “Academic Council” means the Academic Council as referred to in Section 9.
(m) “Registrar” means the Registrar as referred to in Section 22.
(n) “Teacher” means a person appointed for providing education or conduct research in the Academy.
(o) “Rector” means the Rector as referred to in Section 21.
(p) “Educational Institution” means Educational Institution as referred to in Section 15.
(q) “Senate” means Senate of the Academy as referred to in Section 7.
(r) “Pro-Chancellor” means the Pro-Chancellor as referred to in Section 19