Chapter 2 Establishment, Structure and Functions, Duties and Powers of the Academy
3. Establishment of the Academy :
(1) The Karnali Academy of Health Sciences is, hereby, established to provide the health services
in the backward (Pichhadiyako) areas in a easy way.
(2) The Central Office of the Academy shall be located in Jumla district.
(3) The Academy shall be known as Karnali Academy of Health Sciences in English language.
4. Academy to be Autonomous Corporate Body :
(1) The Academy shall be an autonomous corporate body with perceptual succession.
(2) The Academy shall have a separate seal of its own for all of its business.
(3) The Academy may, like an individual, acquire, use, sell or otherwise dispose of movable and immovable property.
(4) The Academy may, like an individual, sue and may be sued in the same name.
(5) The Academy may, like an individual conduct contract, use powers and obey responsibility as per the contract.
5. Structure of the Academy : The organization of the Academy shall be as follows and their collective form shall be the structure of the
(b) Academic Council,
(c) Executive Council,
(d) Selection Committee,
(e) Education Council,
(g) Research Centre,
(h) Educational Institution,
(j) Other bodies as prescribed.
6. Functions, Duties and Powers of the Academy :
(1) The Academy shall have following Functions, Duties and Powers,-
(a) To carry out study, teaching, training and research in various health related subjects in the
(b) To provide qualitative and accessible health services,
(c) To conclude an agreement with National and International University, Educational Institution
or Hospital for the operation of study, teaching, training and research in the various subjects of
(d) To produce skilled human resource necessary for the qualitative health services,
(e) To maintain co-ordination with National and International University, Educational Institution
or Hospital for the strengthening various programmes to be operated by the Academy and
upgrading quality of such programmes,
(f) To maintain relation, extent and upgrade with National and International University, Academy
and International Institution related to Health and exchange mutual assistance,
(g) To organise or cause to organise workshop, conference, seminar, interaction, health camp and
research in the various subjects of health,
(h) To publish or cause to publish various book, leaflet, pamphlet, awareness poster relating to
(i) To carry out or cause to carry out other functions as prescribed.
(2) The functions, duties and powers of the Academy shall be exercised and followed by through the organisation of the Academy.