4. Maintenance and care of senior citizen:
(1)It shall be the duty of each family member to maintain and care the senior citizen according to the economic
status and prestige of the member.
(2) Where the senior citizen has lived separately or wishes to live
separately taking his or her partition share, the family member of his or her
choice shall keep with him or her and maintain the senior citizen.
(3) No one shall detach the senior citizen from the family or compel the
senior citizen to get detached from the family in against of his or her will.
(4) Where the economic condition of the senior citizen of the family
member maintaining the senior citizen is weak, other family member shall
make provision of maintenance and care of the senior citizen in spite of the fact
that such member has not kept such senior citizen with him or her.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in this Section, any
family member, relative or heir who uses or deals with (consumes) the movable
or immovable property of the senior citizen shall keep with him or her and
maintain and care such senior citizen