15. Formation of District Senior Citizen Welfare Committee:
(1) The Government of Nepal may, by a Notification in the Nepal Gazette, form a district senior citizen welfare committee, as follows, in each district:
(a) Chairperson of District Development Committee -Chairperson
(b) Chief District Officer or officer level employee designated by him or her -Member
(c) One representative nominated by the District Senior Citizen Welfare
Committee from amongst the chairpersons of Village Development
Committee and Mayors of Municipalities -Member
(d) Office In-charge, District Public Health Office -Member
(e) Two representatives including one woman nominated by the District Senior Citizen Welfare Committee from amongst the organizations, associations carrying out activities relating to senior citizens -Member
(f) Women Development Officer -Secretary
(2) The tenure of the members nominated pursuant to Clauses (c) and
(e) of Sub-section (1) shall be Three years and they may be re-appointed.
Provided that, if such member commits misconduct or suffers from
incompetence, the Government of Nepal may remove such member prior to the
completion of his or her tenure.
(3) The District Woman Development Office shall act as the secretariat
of the District Senior Citizen Welfare Committee.
(4) Procedures relating to the meeting of the District Senior Citizen
Welfare Committee shall be as prescribed.
(5) The member of the District Senior Citizen Welfare Committee may
receive such allowance as prescribed by the Government of Nepal.