20. Establishment and operation of care centre or day service centre:
(1) The Government of Nepal or any person or any organization or association formed under the prevailing laws may establish and operate a care centre or day service centre in any place of the State of Nepal.
(2) The infrastructures as prescribed shall be established and approval
obtained from the prescribed authority for the establishment and operation of a
care centre or day service centre as referred to in Sub-section (1).
(3) Any care centre or day service centre being operated by the private or
non-governmental sector at the time of commencement of this Act shall obtain
approval, as prescribed, from the authority as referred to in Sub-section (2) no
later than Six months after the date of commencement of this Act.
(4) Senior citizens, incompetent senior citizens, helpless senior citizens
and such senior citizens as may be ordered by the court to be held in a care
centre pursuant to Sub-section (2) of Section 12 may be held in a care centre.
(5) If any senior citizen wishes to stay in any care centre or day service
centre at his or her own expense, such centre shall hold such senior citizen
depending on its capacity.
(6) Where a family member is not in a position to keep with him or her
the senior citizen whom such member has to maintain and care, the family
member may keep such senior citizen in any care centre. In such a case, the
concerned care centre may keep such senior citizen by collecting the required
expenses from such member.
(7) The concerned care centre or day service centre shall make
arrangements to get the senior citizens staying in the care centre or day service
centre pursuant to Sub-sections (4), (5) or (6) to be involved in religious, social,
entertaining or economic activities according to their interest and stay in a
(8) Other provisions relating to the operation of a care centre or day
service centre shall be as prescribed