3. Motion of impeachment may be submitted:
(1) At least Twenty Five percent members of Legislature Parliament may submit a motion of impeachment against any of the officials of constitutional bodies to remove him/her from his/her office in any of the following circumstances:
(a) If an official of constitutional body becomes incompetent to discharge the duties of his/her office; (b) If an official of constitutional body shows misconduct;
3 Amended by Republic Strengthening and Some Nepal Laws Amendment Act, 2066.
4 Amended by Republic Strengthening and Some Nepal Laws Amendment Act, 2066.
(c) If an official of constitutional body fails to discharge the duties of his her/ office honestly.
(2) Members who intend to submit a motion pursuant to Sub-section (1) shall have to give a notice thereof with such motion to the Speaker of Legislature Parliament5 through the General Secretary of Legislature Parliament6
upon setting out the reasons and grounds of the motion.
(3) The evidence which supports the motion pursuant to Sub-section
(2) shall have to be submitted along with such motion as far as possible.
(4) After receiving the motion pursuant to Sub-section (2) the Speaker shall fix the date and time for the submission and discussion of the motion in the meeting of Legislature Parliament7 and shall give a notice thereof to the members of Legislature Parliament.