10. Refuse may be made to issue the passportmn@admin
10. Refuse may be made to issue the passport : (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in Rule 8, If written request has been made from the concerned body the office may refuse to issue the passport to the following person :–
(a) If a case has being processed according to law in the charge of an offence related to the passport or
immigration or a punishment has being implemented (experienced) after being proved a culprit from the court,
(b) Enlisted in the black list being unable to pay the loan of a bank or financial institution, pursuant to
(c) Being convicted/trialed in the charge of corruption or money laundering or experiencing the penalty
after being proved culprit from the court,
(d) Being convicted/trialed in the charge related to human trafficking or abduction or transaction of
narcotic drugs or experiencing the penalty after being proved culprit from the court, (e) Banned (stopped) to visit abroad by the court or an order has been issued not to issue the passport,
(f) Having the provision of passport to be suspended or not to be issued as pursuant to the law.
(2) If the office has refused to issue a passport pursuant to Sub rule( 1), the information of it shall be given to the concerned applicant within three days.
(3) In the offences pursuant to Clauses (a), (c) and (d) of Sub rule( 1) if acquaintance (clearance) has been received from the court or after the completion (execution) of the penalty made as according to law, it shall not be considered that this Rule restricts to issue passport to such Nepalese.
(4) If it has been received in the written form from the concerned authority that the situation pursuant to Clauses (b), (e) and (f) does not exist, then it does not restrict to issue the passport to such Nepalese.