12. Diplomatic Passportmn@admin
12. Diplomatic Passport : (1) The office shall issue a diplomatic passport in Gratis, to the following officials visiting abroad for the purpose of Governmental functions, if written request has been received from the concerned constitutional body or Ministry.
(b) Vice President,
(c) Prime Minister,
(d) Chief Justice,
(f) Ex-Head of State,
(g) Deputy Prime Minister,
(i) Opposition leader in legislature parliament,
(j) Ex-vice President and Head of the Government,
(k) Deputy Speaker in Parliament, State Minister, Vice Chairperson of National Planning Commission,
(l) Justice of the Supreme Court,
(m) Assistant Minister, Members of Legislature Parliament, Members of Judicial Council, Chief of
Army Staff, Members of National Planning Commission,
(n) Chief Official of the Constitutional bodies and other officials, Governor of Nepal Rastra Bank
(o) Chief Secretary of Government of Nepal,
(p) General Secretary of Legislature Parliament,
(q) Chief Judge of Appellate Court,
(r) Secretary of Government of Nepal or Secretaries of Civil Service, Nepal Health Service, Parliament
Service or Officers of Special class,
(s) Judges of Appellate Courts, Special class officers of Nepal Army, Nepal Police, Armed Police, and
(t) Chief Metropolitan Cities,
(u) Nepalese Ambassadors, Permanent Representative of Nepal for the United States, Chief of Mission,
(v) Gazetted Officer of Nepal Foreign Service,
(w) The members of the delegation involving in the state and official visit of the president and official visit of vice president as according to the decision of the Government of Nepal, council of Ministers (x) The members of the delegation involving in the official visit of the Prime Minister as according to the decision of the Government of Nepal Council of Ministers,
(y) The members of the delegates visiting abroad representing the Government of Nepal to participate in the General Assembly, Special Assembly of the United Nations Organization and General Assembly of other Special Agencies of the organization, General Assembly of Asian Development Bank, International and Regional
Summit including South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit and Ministerial meeting as according to the decision of the Government of Nepal Council of Ministers.
(z) Employees deployed in the missions and their
Explanation : For the purpose of this Clause “Family members” means “Husband, wife, son, unmarried daughter
adopted son, unmarried adopted daughter, father, mother or step mother residing with him/her and who has to be
taken cared by himself/ herself and this word also refers to their Grandfather in case of male and unmarried female
employees and mother in law and father in law in case of married female employee”.
(aa) Person deployed in special mission representing the Government of Nepal, and
(ab) Specified person designated for any specific purpose making to be provided a diplomatic passport by a decision of the Government of Nepal.
(2) The valid period of the passport that has to be issued pursuant to Sub-rule(1) shall be as specified by the office making consideration of the tenure of such passport holder in the present post. Provided that, in case of the person mentioned in Clause (t) and (x) of Sub-rule(1), passport may be issued to remain valid for five years.
(3) If the husband or wife of the official holding diplomatic passport visiting abroad for the purpose of Government function has been visiting together, diplomatic passport may be issued also for him/her.
(4) Out of the delegate members participating in the visit, conference, seminar or meeting mentioned in Clauses (w), (×), and (y) of Sub-rule(1), others except than those official who have eligible to hold diplomatic passport pursuant to these Rules shall return diplomatic passport in the office within the fifteen days of the end of such travel.
If it has not been returned within that time, the office shall cancel that passport.