16. Provisional Passportmn@admin
16. Provisional Passport: (1) If the valid period of a passport of a Nepalese passport holder residing abroad has been expired, lost or destroyed or became useless because of being rag and he/she has submitted an application to make a new passport then a provisional passport may be issued from the mission to him/her till the machine readable passport has been issued.
(2) The passport issued pursuant to Sub-rule(1) shall be valid generally for six months from the date of issuance.
(3) The format of the provisional passport shall be as prescribed by the Ministry.
(4) While issuing a new passport to the applicant, the mission shall cancel the provisional passport after withdrawing it.