21. Amendments in a passport and travel documentmn@admin
21. Amendments in a passport and travel document : (1) Generally any amendment shall not be made on the details mentioned on the machine readable passport or travel documents that has been issued pursuant to these Rules.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-rule(1), if any details mentioned in a passport or travel documents has to be amended, the holder of the passport or travel document shall submit an application mentioning the reasons for the purpose.
(3) If an amendment has to be made on the already prepared passport because of mentioning the wrong detail (information) by the applicant in the application that has been submitted for passport or travel document, an application shall be submitted pursuant to these Rules along with repayment of fee for the new passport or travel document.
(4) Upon the inquiry made on the application received pursuant to Sub-rule(2) or (3), if it deemed appropriate to issue a new passport or a travel document with the amendment, a new passport or a travel document may be issued.