Main deficiencies in previous health servicesmn@admin
(1) The policy, objectives and strategies outlined for health services were not village oriented and there existed deficiencies in the capability of using the available resources since the rural structures were not formulated as per the requirements of the rural population.
(2) Physical structures of programmes were not systematic, planned and not in consonance with the schedule of operations.
(3) The supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes were not conducted in a regular manner.
(4) Means and resources were fully centralized.
(5) The posts sanctioned for district level health organizations were not filled.