3. Formation of the Vector-borne Disease Research and Training Development Boardmn@admin
3. Formation of the Vector-borne Disease Research and Training Development Board:
(1) A Board to be named as the Vector-borne Disease Research and Training Development Board is, hereby, formed with a view to preventing and controlling effectively the vector-borne diseases by disseminating information throughout the country by way of research works and similar other educational activities on such diseases.
(2) The Board referred to in Sub-section (1) shall consist of the following members:
(a) Director General, Department of Health Services -Chairperson
(b) Chief, Planning Division, Ministry of Health -Member
(c) Director, Epidemiology and Communicable Disease Control Division, Department of Health Services -Member
(d) Representative, Nepal Health Research Council -Member
(e) Three persons including at least one woman nominated by the Government of Nepal from amongst the social workers, experts or doctors involved in the nongovernmental sector who have rendered special contribution in the field related with public health or the control and eradication of the vector-borne diseases since at least Ten years -Member
(f) Chief, Hetauda Hospital -Member
(g) Executive Director Secretary-Member
(3) The tenure of office of the nominated members shall be two years, and they may be re-nominated.
(4) The Board may, if it considers so necessary, invite any officer of the Government of Nepal or any native or foreign expert or adviser to attend its meeting as an observer.