6. Provisions relating to appointment of Executive Directormn@admin
6. Provisions relating to appointment of Executive Director:
(1) The Government of Nepal shall, subject to Sub-section (2), appoint one Executive Director, as the administrative chief of the Board, for the operation of the day-to-day business of the Board.
(2) In appointing the Executive Director pursuant to Sub-section (1), one person shall be appointed to the office of Executive Director from amongst the persons who have gained at least five years of experience in activities relating to the control of vector-borne diseases after having done at least bachelor degree in medical science or at least master degree in biology or at least master degree in public health or PHD on vector-borne diseases.
(3) Until the Executive Director is appointed pursuant to Subsection (1), the Government of Nepal may designate any Gazette first class officer or equivalent officer to perform the functions of the Executive Director for a period not exceeding six months.
(4) The tenure of office of the Executive Director shall be Four years from the date of his or her appointment, and he or she may be reappointed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (5), the Government of Nepal may, if it thinks necessary, remove the Executive Director from that office prior to the expiration of his or her tenure of office.
(6) If, for any reason, the office of the Executive Director falls vacant, the Government of Nepal may, for a period not exceeding three months, appoint a senior employee of the Board, who is in possession of the qualification referred to in Sub-section (2), as the acting Executive Director.
(7) The remuneration, terms of service and facilities of the Executive Director shall be as prescribed.