Multimodal Transport of Goods Rules, 2066 (2009 AD)mn@admin
Multimodal Transport of Goods Rules, 2066 (2009 AD) Date of Publication in Nepal Gazette
2066/7/16 BS (04/10/2009 AD)
Government of Nepal has in the exercise of the powers conferred by the Section 31 of Multimodal Transportation Goods Act 2063 (2006 AD)
1. Short Title and Commencement:
(1) These Rules may be called “Multimodal Transport of Goods Rules , 2066”.
(2) These Rules shall come into force immediately.
2. Definitions: Unless the subject or the context otherwise requires, in these Rules:
(a) “Act” means Multimodal Transport of Goods Act, 2063.
(b) ” License” means the license issued pursuant to Subsection (2) of the Section 4 of the Act.
3. Qualification of the Company for Carrying out the Service of Multimodal Transport: In addition to the requirement of qualification mentioned in the Act, of the Company intending to carry out the service of multimodal transport, it shall have the following human resources, physical property and managerial capacity:
(a) At least seven employees with experience of work relating to the multimodal transport.
(b) Office building,
(c) Physical infrastructure, including adequate go down for orderly and safe transport and storage,
(d) Minimum of three years’ experience of work relating to clearing, forwarding or ferrying goods as a business
4. Application format of License: The format of application for obtaining license shall be as given in the Schedule- 1.
5. Application Fee: An applicant requesting for a license shall enclose Rupees five hundred as an application fee with the application.
6. Format of License: The format of license shall be as given in the Schedule- 2.
7. Renewal of License:
(1) The company intending to renew the license shall submit the application at the Department at least three months
before the date of expiry of the license enclosing the certificate of tax clearance and Rupees hundred for the application fee.
(2) If the Department receives an application pursuant to Subsection (1), it shall renew the license with a charge of Rupees ten thousand for renewal fee provided that it finds justifiable to renew the license on the verification of the application.
(3) Notwithstanding anything written in the Subsection (1), if the company submits application for renewal of license enclosing the documents and fee pursuant to Subsection (1) within three months of the date of expiry of the license, showing valid reasons for its inability to get renewed of the license within the period stated in the Subsection, the
Department shall renew the license with a charge of double the fee as stated in the Sub rule (2), provided that it finds justifiable to renew the license on the verification of the application.
(4) The license renewed pursuant to these Rules shall remain valid for five years.
(5) The license of the company that does not get renewed within the period mentioned in the Subsection (3) shall be null and void automatically.
8. Alteration, Addition or Deletion in the Schedules: The Government of Nepal may alter, add or delete in the Schedules through publication of notices in the Gazette.