Provision Relating to Service Fee
3. Service Fee: The Board may receive the following service fee from the tourist and
tourism entrepreneurs pursuant to Section 7 of Act:-
(a) Service fee as determined by the committee for the service to be rendered to the tourist by the Board.
(b) Service fee of Two percent over the total amount paid by each tourist to the tourism entrepreneurs who operated the tourism business as prescribed by the committee.
(c) If the Board has provided special consultation or service to any tourist or tourism entrepreneur, service fee as determined by the committee for providing
4. Collection of Service Fee: The Board may collect service fee from a tourist and tourism entrepreneur for providing direct or indirect consultation or service. Provided that, the Board may specify particular service fee may not be changed for any consultation or service.
5. Representative may be appointed to collect the Service Fee: (1) The Board may appoint a tourism entrepreneur or any other person or body, its representative to collect the service fee, or to collect service fee through any other method.
(2) If the committee considers it necessary, the Board may collect fee from a tourist directly, as per the procedure prescribed by the committee.
6. To Deposit in Fund: (1) The responsibility and liability of depositing the amount of service fee collected from a tourist into Board’s fund shall be that of the concerned tourism entrepreneur or person or body authorized by the Board.
(2) Where the Board appoints a tourism entrepreneur as a its representative to collect service fee pursuant to Sub-rule (1) of Rule 5, such tourism entrepreneur shall have to deposit the amount to be paid by itself to the Board it’s while depositing the amount of service fee collected into the Board’s fund pursuant to
(3) A tourism entrepreneur or any other person or body appointed by the Board as its representative to collect the service fee pursuant to Rule 5 shall after having deposited the amount into the Board’s fund, give a notice in writing thereo to the Board.
(4) Except otherwise provided in Sub-rule (1) and (2) the other procedure relating to collecting service fee from tourist or tourism entrepreneur and depositing such amount into fund of the Board shall be as prescribed by the
7. Action to be taken Against Defaulters: (1) Where the tourism entrepreneur or any other person or body, having the duty to collect and deposit service fee, fails to collect or to deposit into Board’s fund even after collecting, the Board may take necessary action to recover amount for service fee from such tourism entrepreneur
or any person or body. (2) The Board may request to the concerned authority of Government of
Nepal to suspend or cancel the license of such tourism entrepreneur, if tourism
entrepreneur fails to deposit into the Board’s fund.
(3) Where a request is made pursuant to Sub-rule (2), the concerned authority of Government of Nepal shall cause to the concerned tourism entrepreneur to pay the amount of loss caused to the Board and if such tourism
entrepreneur does not pay the loss amount, Government of Nepal may suspend or cancel the license for a specified period of such tourism entrepreneur.
(4) The Board may recover reasonable reparation from the concerned tourism entrepreneur, for a loss caused to the Board.