Provision Relating to the Chief Executive Officer
8. Procedure for Selection of Chief Executive Officer: (1) The committee shall form a Three–member Sub-committee, from among the members nominated pursuant to Clause (g) of Sub-section (2) of Section 9 of the Act to select and
recommend the appropriate candidate for the appointment to the Chief Executive Officer.
(2) The Sub-committee constituted pursuant to Sub-rule (1) shall publicly call application; prepare a list of persons desiring the qualification as mentioned in Section 14 of the Act and recommend the name of three candidates to the
committee for the appointment to the post of Chief Executive Officer from among persons enlisted in such list with specially qualified, trained and experienced in tourism field.
9. Appointment of Chief Executive Officer: (1) The Committee shall appoint the Chief Executive Officer of the Board from among those persons recommended to committee pursuant to Sub-rule (2) of Rule 8 whom it considers appropriate.
(2) If the person so appointed, to the Post of Chief Executive Officer
pursuant to Sub-rule (1), is being engaged in Governmental, non-Governmental service or any occupation, he/she shall retire from such service or occupation. If one does not retire such appointment shall be ipso facto void.
10. Remuneration, Facility and conditions of Service of the Chief Executive Officer: The remuneration, facility and other terms and conditions of service of the Chief Executive Officer shall be as prescribed in By-laws.
11. Assessment of the Chief Executive Officer’s Work Performance: (1) The committee shall evaluate work performance of the Chief Executive Officer every year.
(2) The basis of the work performance evaluation to be made pursuant to
Sub-rule (1) shall be as prescribed by the committee.
12. Procedure for Removal of Chief Executive Officer from the Posts:
(1) If the Chief Executive Officer fails to discharge duty pursuant to Sub-section (4) of Section 14 of Act, the committee shall constitute a Three-member inquiry Subcommittee consisting of a member of the committee as well to inquire that matter.
(2) The inquiry Sub-committee, under Sub-rule (1), in the course of inquiry may call Chief Executive Officer and other concerned persons to appear before the Sub-committee for necessary inquiry, to take statement and to collect necessary documents and evidence.
(3) After completion of inquiry, the inquiry Sub-committee shall submit its report along with its opinion to the committee.
(4) If the report submitted by the Inquiry Committee pursuant to Sub-rule(3) reveals that the Chief Executive Officer is found to have carried out an act against the interest of the Board causing thereby a loss to the Board or not discharged duties in consistency with the direction of the committee, the committee shall issue a notice to the Chief Executive Officer with reasons and grounds to submit clarification in a reasonable time. On non-submission of clarification by the Chief Executive Officer within said time period or on his/her clarification being unsatisfactory, the committee may remove Chief Executive Officer from the post.
(5) If the Committee considers the continuation of the duty of the post of the Chief Executive Officer may be in against of the interest of the Board, the committee may prevent from discharging duty or suspend such Chief Executive Officer until the inquiry is complete, after the Sub-committee to examine the allegation made against the Chief Executive Officer is formed pursuant to this Rule.
(6) In case, it is so proved that the loss was made to the Board knowingly by the Chief Executive Officer, the board shall initiate for necessary action to recover the loss made by such Chief Executive Officer.
13. Other Functions, Duties and Powers of the Chief Executive Officer: In addition to the functions, duties and powers set-forth is Section 15 of Act, the other functions, powers and duties of the Chief Executive Officer shall be as
(a) To carryout financial, administrative and other functions as per the Act, these Rules and Bye-laws.
(b) To act as liaison officer on behalf of the Board with Government of Nepal, foreign and domestic persons and Organizations.
(c) To make or cause to make follow-up and evaluation necessary in the course of implementation of long term and short term of plan and programme approved by the Board.
(d) To prepare suggestion necessary to solve the policy oriented problem discovered in the course of implementation, follow-up and evaluation on plan and programme, pursuant to Clause (c).
(e) To prepare agenda for the meeting of the committee after consultation with the chairperson.
(f) To cause to keep safe the updated document related with Board’s functions and proceedings including the record of decision.
(g) To comply with or caused to be complied with direction given by the committee and the Chairperson.
(h)To protect and manage the movable and immovable property of the Board.
(i)To perform other functions and take actions as prescribed by the committee.