Chapter – 4mn@admin
Chapter – 4
Assessment of Unit of Stolen Electricity
7. Method for Assessing Unit of Consumed Stolen Electricity : In case electricity has been found to have been stolen by customer or consumer while making investigation and inquiry, the Investigating Officer shall compute and
assess the unit of electricity consumed by estimating the operation of each electronic equipment planted in house or building of such customer or consumer as set forth in Schedules 5 and 6 during the period of the last one
year for evaluation of loss and damage caused to the distributor by such offence.
8. Computation and Assessment May Be Made by Making Variation : (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in Rule 7, the Investigating Officer may, in the following circumstances, compute and assess consumed unit of electricity by making variation on hours and period of operation assessed pursuant to Schedules 5 and 6:-
(a) If the Investigation Officer is satisfied with the following evidence produced by the person so accused of the
(1) the electronic equipment used by him/her has been operated for a period less than last One year or
such equipment have not been operated since last some time,
(2) period of one year has not completed from the date of electricity planted,
(3) one year has not completed from the date when assessment of unit of electricity has been made with
the charge of stealing electricity before this.
(b) If there is reasonable ground to believe that the electronic equipment planted by the person so accused of the offence has been operated more than the hours and period of operation pursuant to Schedules 5 and 6.
(c) If the person accused of the offence has operated by using other electronic equipment et al, except the electronic
equipment as set forth in Schedules 5 and 6. While estimating unit of electricity consumed by the electronic
equipment pursuant to this clause, it shall have to be assessed on the basis of proper demand factor, load factor, operation-hour and period.
(2) In case where capacity has not been mentioned or erased in the electronic equipment or capacity is not reliable even though it has been mentioned, the Investigation Officer shall have to assess by holding technical examination over such equipment.
(3) While computing the time pursuant to Sub-rule (1), the period more than one year shall not be computed.
(4) In case where inspection has been made on behalf of distributor in the last One year as to whether electricity is stolen or not, the period prior to the date of so inspection shall not be computed.
9. On Condition that Current Transformer (C.T.) or Potential Transformer (P.T.) or Both of Them Have Been Planted : (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in Rule 8, in case where electricity has been stolen through the following manner in a house or building where energy meter to be used through current transformer or potential transformer has been planted, unit of electricity consumed by stealing in such manner shall be computed and
assessed on the basis of engineering principle:-
(a) current transformer or potential transformer or one or both out of these two wires have been disconnected or
connected topsy-turvy or burnt, or (b) other technology has been followed.
(2) Evaluation of the highest demand of time of stealing shall also be made on the basis of engineering principle.
(3) In case unit of stolen electricity could not be assessed pursuant to Sub-rule 2, demand shall be fixed on the basis of the demand which is the highest during the period from the last month of discovering the fact of stealing
electricity to the last One year or the period of one year before this and unit of electricity consumed by stealing shall be assessed on the basis of the following formulae:-
Unit of electricity consumed = Highest demand x load factor x hour/day
x day / per year.
10. Unit of Electricity Consumed : The unit of electricity fixed in assessing and computing by the Investigating Officer pursuant to Rules 7, 8, and 9 shall be deemed as the unit of electricity consumed by the customer or consumer so accused of the offence.