5. Formation of Drugs Advisory Committeemn@admin
5. Formation of Drugs Advisory Committee:
(1) For the purposes of Section 4 of the Act, there shall be formed a Drugs Advisory Committee consisting of
the following members:
(a) Secretary at the Ministry for Forests Chairperson
(b) Administrator, Department of Drug Administrator Member
(c) Director General, Department of Health Services Member
(d) Director, Nepal Standards Fixation Committee Member
(e) Chief, Drugs Research Laboratory Member
(f) Representative, Ministry of Law and Justice Member
(g) Representative, Nepal Medical Association Member
(h) Representative, Nepal Pharmaceutical Association Member
(i) Representative, Chemists and Druggists Association Member
(j) Three persons nominated by Government of Nepal from amongst the persons having gained knowledge on drugs Member
(k) One senior officer designated by the Department of Drug Administration Member
(2) The term of office of the members nominated pursuant to in Clause
(j) of sub-rule (1) shall be Three years; and Government of Nepal may, if it so wishes, re-nominate them or remove them from office even prior to expiration of their term of office.
(3) The Committee may, if it considers necessary, invite any native or foreign expert or any officer to attend as an observer the meeting of the Committee.
4) Government of Nepal may, if it considers necessary, make alteration changes (modification) in the number of members, by a notification publishes in the Nepal Gazette.