Chapter-5 Address by Presidentmn@admin
Address by President
9. Address by President:
The President shall address a sitting of the Legislature-Parliament pursuant to Article 52 of the Constitution introducing the annual policies and programmes of Government of Nepal.
10. Motion of Thanks:
(1) After the President’s address to the Legislature- Parliament pursuant to Rule 9, the Prime Minister shall table a copy of such address in the sitting held immediately thereafter.
(2) Any Member may move a motion of thanks for the address by the President and such a motion shall have to be seconded by another Member.
(3) An amendment to the motion of thanks may be moved in the form as considered appropriate by the Speaker.
11. Discussion on the Address:
(1) The Speaker shall, in consultation with the Prime Minister or in his / her absence with a Minister designated by him/her, allot days and duration for discussion on the policies and programmes of Government of Nepal referred to in the Presidential Address pursuant to Rule 9, and discussion shall be held on the Address on the days so allotted on the basis of party representation.
(2) The Prime Minister or in he/she absence a Minister designated by him/her shall, at the end of the discussion held pursuant to Sub-rule (1), respond to the issues raised during the discussion.
(3) After the response from the Prime Minister or in his / her absence a Minister designated by him/her pursuant to Sub-rule (2), the discussion shall be deemed to have been for decision to the sitting after deciding upon the motions of amendment moved thereon.
12. Submission of Motion of Thanks:
The Speaker shall submit to the President the motion of thanks passed by the sitting under this chapter.
13. Other Functions may be Carried Out:
(1) The following functions may also be carried out on the days allotted for conducting discussion on the address pursuant to Rule 11:-
(a) To complete the formal functions relating to the procedures of the Legislature-Parliament before the beginning of the discussion; or
(b) To introduce the supplementary appropriations; or
(c) To move a motion for leave to introduce a Bill or to introduce any Bill.
(2) In case the motion introduced for adjournment of discussion has been approved, any of the following functions may be carried out on the days allotted for discussion on the address:-
(a) To move a motion for passing a Bill.
(b) To submit matters which has deadline prescribed by law for submission in the House.
(c) To discuss on any urgent matter submitted by a Minister.