Chapter -8 Amendmentsmn@admin
29. Conditions Relating to Amendments:
Amendment with regard to any motion may be put forward subject to the following conditions:-
(a) it must not be contrary to principles of the main motion;
(b) it must be relevant to and be confined within the matter and scope of the main motion;
(c) it must not be contradictory to the earlier decision of the sitting;
(d) Must not be vague, futile or trivial.
30. Notice of Amendment:
(1) Any Member intending to move an amendment shall submit a notice thereof to the Secretary General or Secretary Twenty Four hours in advance of the day fixed for deliberation on the motion. Provided that, a notice of an amendment may be put forward at any time before the beginning of the discussion with the permission of the Speaker.
(2) Upon receipt of the amendment notice, a copy of each of the amendments shall be made available to all Members.
(3) In case an amendment has been put forward without a notice as referred to in Sub-rule (1), any Member may raise an objection. 31. Powers to Accept or Reject Amendments.
(1) The Speaker shall have the power to accept or reject any amendment to a motion.
(2) The Speaker may, for the purposes of accepting or rejecting an amendment, require the concerned Member to clarify the purpose of the amendment.
32. Moving the Amendment:
The Speaker shall read out the amendment or the amended motion or the original motion so accepted by him/her to the sitting, prior putting it for decision. While putting for decision, the Speaker may, if there is more than one amendment, put forth in priority any one of the amendments or the amended motion or the motion in original form deemed appropriate by him/her.