Chapter-17 Secret sitting of the Legislature-Parliamentmn@admin
Secret sitting of the Legislature-Parliament
107. Secret sitting of the Legislature-Parliament:
(1) In case the Prime Minister makes a request that the discussion on national security and any matter of national crisis be held in a secret sitting, the Speaker may, if he/she deems such a request reasonable, decide to have the discussion on such subject matter in a secret sitting.
(2) No one shall be at the chamber while a secret sitting of Legislature-Parliament is in progress. Provided that, this provision shall not be applicable to the persons permitted by the Speaker.
(3) The Speaker may maintain and publicize a brief description of the proceedings or decision of a secret sitting as he/she deems appropriate. Except the Speaker or the person authorized by he/she no one shall be allowed to keep such records, publicize or let anyone else know about them.
(4) The procedures of the secret sitting shall be determined by the Speaker.
(5) If it is deemed that the procedure of the sitting need not to be kept secret any longer, the Prime Minister or any Member designated by him/her may make such a proposal to the Assembly with the permission of the Speaker.
(6) Upon approval of the proposal by the Assembly, the Secretary General or the secretary shall prepare the proceedings and resolutions of such secret sitting and make it publicized as directed by the Speaker.