Chapter-19 Statement by Minister, Resignation and Tabling of Documentsmn@admin
Statement by Minister, Resignation and Tabling of
137. Statement by Minister and Information:
(1) A Minister may, with the consent of the Speaker, give statement or information on the subject of public importance in the sitting.
(2) No question shall be raised at the moment on the statement or information given pursuant to Sub-rule (1).
138. Tabling of Documents:
(1) In case any Minister has cited any government document or report or any part thereof while giving a statement or information in the sitting, such document or report shall be submitted to the House. Provided that, in case there is adequate reason and ground that submission of any document or report would be detrimental to national security, peace and order or public or national interest the Minister shall inform the House and he/she may not submit such document or report.
(2) In case a summary of any document or report is referred to, such document or report need not be submitted.
139. Statement by Resigning Minister:
(1) A Minister who has resigned from the office of a Minister may, with the consent of the Speaker, make a statement to the House on the resignation he/she has immediately given.
(2) No discussion shall be held on the statement given pursuant to Sub-rule (1). Provided that, after the statement is over, any other Minister may give statement in that regard.