Chapter – 2 Procedures Relating to Meetings of the Commissionmn@admin
Chapter – 2
Procedures Relating to Meetings of the Commission
3. Meetings and Decisions of the Commission:
(1) Meetings of the Commission shall be held in presence of the Commissioners including the Chief Commissioner.
Provided that this sub-rule shall not be deemed to have impeded to hold meetings of the Commission even if the Chief Commissioner alone is present.
(2) The Secretary shall, at the direction of the Chief commissioner, fix the date and time and make available the
agenda of meetings of the Commission to the Commissioners.
(3) The Chief Commissioner shall preside over meetings of the Commission. In absence of the Chief Commissioner, the senior Commissioner amongst the Commissioners present shall preside over meetings of the Commission and the Commissioner so presiding over the meeting may exercise powers vested in the Chief Commissioner.
(4) Decision of majority of Commissioners shall be deemed to be the decision of the Commission. In case there is no majority opinion on any matters, the opinion supported by the Chief Commissioner shall be regarded as the decision of the Commission.
(5) The Secretary or an employee of the Commission designated by him/her shall maintain record of decisions of
meetings in minute book and it must be caused to be signed by the Chief Commissioner and other Commissioner.
(6) The Secretary or any Officer of the Commission designated by him/her shall authenticate decisions of meetings of the Commission.
4. Functions of the Secretary :
(1) Subject to general direction and control of the Chief Commissioner, the main duty of the Secretary shall be to conduct administrative functions of the Commission.
(2) In addition to the duty referred to in sub-rule (1), other functions, duties and powers of the Secretary shall be as follows:-
(a) To register or cause to register the complaints, explanations and reports received at the Commission;
(b) To prepare and submit or cause to submit the matters to be discussed in the Commission;
(c) To execute or cause to execute decisions of the Commission;
(d) To assign jobs to the subordinate staff
(e) To conduct or cause to conduct programmes relating to human resources development of the Commission, the
offices directly under the Commission and the offices to which the Commission has delegated powers;
(f) To conduct or cause to conduct programmes relating to capacity enhancement of employees directly or
indirectly related to works of the Commission;
(g) To conduct or cause to conduct studies and research on the matters relating to works of the Commission;
(h) To maintain or cause to maintain necessary contact and coordination with international organizations and
associations relating to works of the Commission;
(i) To maintain or cause to maintain necessary contact or coordination with Government of Nepal, civil society
and other related bodies on behalf of the Commission;
(j) To conduct or cause to conduct creative programmes such as training and workshops and so on for
enhancement of effectiveness of activities of the commission;
(k) To conduct or cause to conduct publicity using communication media in order to raise public awareness against improper acts and corruption;
(l) To coordinate or cause to coordinate the activities jointly conducted by the Commission in collaboration
with other agencies;
(m) To perform or cause to perform other activities as ordered or directed by the Commission;
(n) To do or cause to do other acts that may be necessary to execute decisions of the Commission;
(o) To do or cause to do other acts that may be necessary while performing functions and duties and exercising
powers referred to in clauses (a) to (n).
(3) The Secretary may delegate any authority entrusted to him/her under this Rule to any Officer level employee of the