3. Formation of the Boardmn@admin
3. Formation of the Board:
(1) A Board to be named as the Inter-country Adoption Development Board is, hereby, formed in order to carry out function as a central agency for the Inter-country adoption.
(2) The Board as referred to in Sub-section (1) shall consist of the
(a) A person nominated by the Government of Nepal -Chairperson
(b) Joint Secretary of the Ministry -Member
(c) Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs -Member
(d) Joint Secretary, Ministry of Law and Justice -Member
(e) Joint Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs -Member
(f) A person nominated by the Ministry from amongst the person who works as a Child expert -Member
(g) Representative, Child Non-governmental Organization Federation, Nepal – Member
(h) A person nominated by the Ministry from amongst the person who works in the Children area Member
(g) Under Secretary (Law) of the Ministry -Member Secretary
(3) The tenure of office of the members nominated shall be maximum Five years.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (3), if nominated member does not perform his/her function as per his/her post, the Ministry may remove at any time. Provided that, an opportunity to defend himself/herself shall be provided to such member before removal of his/her post