(1) There shall be a Chairperson in the Board to work as an Executive Chief.
(2) Government of Nepal shall appoint Chairperson from amongst persons who served in the post of special class of the Government of Nepal or judge of the Appellate Court.
(3) The tenure of office of Chairperson shall be four years.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (3),
Government of Nepal may remove the Chairperson from his/her post on the ground of incompetence, misbehaviour, failure to discharge the duties of his/her office honestly or his/her inability to discharge his/her duties because of physical or mental reason. Provided that, a reasonable opportunity shall be provided to defend himself/herself before removal from the post of Chairperson.
(5) The functions, duties and powers of Chairperson shall be as prescribed.
(6) The remuneration, facilities and other terms and conditions of service of Chairperson shall be as prescribed and in case such
remuneration, facilities and other terms of service has not been prescribed, the Chairperson shall be entitled to the remuneration and facilities obtainable by the employee of special class of the Government of Nepal.