Chapter – 1 Preliminarymn@admin
Chapter – 1
1. Short title and commencement :
(1) These Rules may be called the “Civil Aviation Rules, 2052 (1996)”.
(2) These Rules shall come into force immediately.
Unless the subject of context otherwise requires in these Rules,-
(a) “Act” means the “Civil Aviation Act, 2015 (1958)”
(b) “Authority” means Nepal Civil Aviation Authority established under Nepal Civil Aviation Authority Act, 2053.
(c) “Director General” means the Director-General of the Authority.
(d) “Convention” means the Convention on International Civil Aviation signed in Chicago on 7th December 1944 and the word also includes :-
(1) Any such amendment, enforced and ratified by both parties pursuant to Article 94 (a) of the Convention, and
(2) Any such Annex or any amendment made on such Annex, enforced subject to the limitation to both parties within the definite period, approved pursuant to Article 90 of the Convention.
(e) “Annex” means the International Standard and Recommended Practices prescribed by the International Civil Aviation Organization having affiliation with the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
(f) “Manual” means the Manual, Requirements and Directives made by the Department pursuant to Rule 81, and not to be contrary to the Act and these Rules, for the execution of the Rule, Manual and Standard prescribed by the International Civil Aviation Organization.
(g) “Crew” means Pilot, Co-pilot, Flight Engineer, Radio Officer, Flight Navigator, Air-hostess, Cabin attendant and purser.