Chapter-4 Provisions Relating to the Forest Protection AreaEditor NLC
- Forest protection area: (1) The Ministry may, in consultation with the Provincial Ministry and by a notification in the Nepal Gazette, demarcate any part of the following national forest and the concerned land-Paridhiya Area, make a special work plan and declare it as the forest protection area:
(a) Which is of environmental, ecological, scientific or cultural importance nationally and internationally,
(b) Which seems to be sensitive from the watershed management perspective,
(c) Which is necessary for the protection and management of the forests, vegetation and wildlife outside the protected area, or
(c) Which seems appropriate for the development of eco-tourism.
Explanation: For the purpose of this Section, “land-Paridhiya area” means the forest and the community, area and natural resources interrelated with the forest.
(2) The Division Forest Office shall implement the work plan approved pursuant to sub-section (1).
- Management of forest protection area: (1) One or more forest management systems may, on the basis of the geographical location, be adopted in the national forest area situated in the forest protection area.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in this Act, in making the work plan of the national forest being managed under other forest management system situated within the forest protection area, it shall be made subject to the work plan referred to in sub-section (1) of Section 15.
(3) Allocation of benefits (dividends) earned from the management of the forest protection area pursuant to sub-section (2) shall be in accordance with the prevailing law relating to the National Natural Resources and Finance Commission.
- To be converted into the forest protection area: (1) The protected forest existing at the time of the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have been ipso facto converted into the forest protection area after the commencement of this Act.
(2) The conversion of the forest protection area referred to in sub-section (1) shall not be deemed to have caused adverse effects on the forest management system existing at the time of the commencement of this Act.