Provision Concerning the Registration of
the Name of Medical Practitioner in the Register
3. Application to be made: (1) A medical practitioner, having qualification
under the Act, desirous of registering his/her name shall submit an application
to the Council in the format as specified in Schedule-1.
(2) The applicant shall mention in the application pursuant to Sub-rule
(1), the type of registration he/she wants to make registration among the
(a) Permanent registration,
(b) Temporary registration,
(c) Trial registration,
(d) Specialist registration,
(3) While submitting an application pursuant to Sub-rule (1), the
applicant shall be required to attach the following certificates and deposit
application fee with the application:
Deleted by Third Amendment
Clause (i) and (j) have been inserted by Third Amendment.
Amended by Second Amendment
(a) Original certificate of the Degree, Diploma on the basis of
which the applicant has sought to have the registration
done and copy therefor certified by a member of the
Council or medical practitioner designated by the Council
from among the registered medical practitioners. Such
original certificate shall be returned back after the
registration of name or after a decision is taken not to
register the name.
(b) Applicant’s three passport size photographs taken within
Six months before the submission of application.
(c) Photocopies of the citizenship certificate and other
(d) Letter of Oath under Schedule-2 by applicant with his
signature promising that he/she shall be loyal to the
⊕(e) Original certificate of the degree passed by the applicant at
the time of admission to M.B.B.S. or B.D.S. or course
equivalent to that and one copy thereof, certified by a
member of the Council or a medical practitioner
designated by the Council from among the registered
(f) Other documents prescribed by the Council.
4. Permanent registration: (1) A medical practitioner interested to be engaged
in modern medical profession permanently shall be required to make an
application along with the charges as prescribed in Schedule-9.
(2) Registration made by the Nepal Medical Council Preparatory
Committee constituted before the formation of Nepal Medical Council shall,
Amended by Second Amendment.
Amended by First Amendment.
⊕ Inserted by Second Amendment
Inserted by Third Amendment
Amended by Third Amendment.
unless otherwise cancelled, be deemed to have been registered permanently as
per these Rules.
5. Temporary registration: (1) A Nepalese citizen who has acquired basic
educational qualification and completed pre-registration training or internship
or house job as prescribed by the Council may make an application to the
Council for temporary registration
(2) Charges for temporary registration shall be as prescribed in
(3) Other provisions concerning temporary registration shall be as
prescribed by the Council.
6. Trial registration: (1) Even where a person has not already completed preregistration
training, internship or house job as prescribed by the Council after
having acquired qualification as prescribed by the Council, such person shall
be required to register the name registered in the trial registration book of the
(2) Trial registration charges shall be as prescribed in Schedule -9.
(4) Trial registration holder shall be entitled to work only in the place
specified by the Council.
7. Specialist registration: l(1) A person who is registered permanently in the
Council under these Rules shall be registered as specialist in the Council only
if he/she has obtained the qualification as prescribed by the Council.
(2) Specialist registration charges, annual fee, renewal fee and delay
fee shall be as prescribed in Schedule-9.
Amended by Third Amendment.
Amended by Second Amendment .
Deleted by Second Amendment.